Britannica International School students and staff celebrated their swimming pool reopening with a splash this term.
The school has completely renovated and refurbished its aquatic area to create a world class facility for their whole community. Swimming is a key element of the school's PE curriculum, and the new facility gives students a very special experience.
The new aquatic zone contains:
- 900 square meters of completely refurbished swimming pool and changing rooms
- An additional Mobile platform 90cm deep, under one of the lanes to support our beginner swimmers
- New high tech, sustainable lane ropes, flags and LED pool lights
- Large digital display showing 'real time' water temperatures and air humidity
- LED TV to support modelling and demonstrations of techniques by our swim teachers, further enhancing our curriculum swimming lessons
Neil McGarry, Principal of Britannica International School said:
"The new swimming pool has been 18 months in planning and implementation, so I am very excited and proud to be able to open this fantastic new facility! It looks absolutely stunning and will provide a unique experience for our students!"