Skip to main content


At Britannica we realise how important it is to choose the right school for your child. The best way to experience our school is to come and visit us and meet the team. To do this either click this link or call us on +36 30 342 4886.

If you have already visited our school and would like to apply please complete the form below and send it to

If you have any questions please see our FAQ section below. If you can't see the answer to your query or, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be only happy to help.

Although our son spent only two years in Britannica it was really important milestone of his life. It is in Britannica where he transformed from shy boy to jovial boy who really loves to talk, socialize and interact with people. We are really thankful to each one of them included but not limited to teachers, teaching staff, class mates and others. Without their support this transformation could have not been possible.

Year 6 parent


When should I apply?

You are welcome to submit an application at any time of the year. However, due to classroom capacity constraints we encourage you to apply as early as possible. When classroom capacity has been reached, accepted students will join the waiting list for their particular year group.

Where do teachers at Britannica come from?

The majority of our teachers come from the United Kingdom. All teaching staff members are certified and experienced teachers. Click here to find out more about them!

What is the nationality breakdown of the students?

International students comprise of 70% of the student population and the remaining 30% are local (Hungarian) children. Altogether there are 53 different nationalities. The top five countries represented are Hungary (30%), China (8%), India (7%), Russia (4%) and the UK (4%).

When does the school year begin and end?

The school year starts at the end of August and ends in June. For the 2019-2020 academic year the first school day was 26th August 2019 and the last day of school is 26 June 2020. Britannica's calendar accommodates all major Hungarian holidays.

Does Britannica offer English as an additional language?

Britannica offers English language support for primary school students. In the secondary school the English language support given is limited.

Is there an entrance exam as part of the application process?

Students applying to our primary department (years 1-6) will be assessed individually by having a pre-admission interview with the key stage coordinators. Children applying to year 1 and year 2 will be asked to undertake a reasoning test. Children applying to key stage 2 will be asked to undertake a standardised test such as the CAT4 Test.

Students applying to secondary department year groups (years 7-13), for whom English is not their first language must fulfill English language requirements by taking a placement test, such as the online Cambridge Placement Test.

This is an adaptive test of listening, reading and language knowledge. It has been designed to be short and flexible to meet the needs of users who want to place English language learners at all levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Students also need to take a mathematics test to assess their level in order to best cater for their needs.

Students seeking admission to years 12 and 13 (Sixth Form) must prove advanced level English proficiency and will need to have an interview with the Head of Secondary and a key stage 4/5 coordinator.

Does Britannica offer specialised learning support?

Britannica International School has got limited services for students with special educational needs.
The school is prepared to consider applications from students with special educational or physical needs under the following circumstances:

  • The nature of the special needs is clearly established prior to admission;
  • The scope of the special needs does not exceed the competencies and provisions available within the school, or through agencies known to the school; with which it can work.

What foreign languages are offered?

At Britannica Spanish, French and German language provision is offered from Year 5 through A Levels. Hungarian as a Second Language is offered from Year 1 to Year 9.

Is there a bus service provided?

There is a door-to-door bus service provided by the Premier bus company. Please find information about the service and prices at this link.

Does the school have school uniform?

It is compulsory for the students to wear uniform in the school. Please find information about the uniform code and purchasing information at the link below.

Where do Britannica graduates attend universities?

The majority of our Britannica graduates attend universities in the UK. For a comprehensive list of colleges and universities in the past years please visit our academic achievements section on the website.