We are delighted to share with you the results of our recent Parents Survey.
First of all, we would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all parents who took the time to complete the Parent Survey - we really appreciate your feedback, both in the areas of strength and those that we need to continue to improve.
Some of the key points that parents said they noticed when first visiting the school:
- Friendly staff
- Family atmosphere
- Positive feeling
- Good atmosphere
Top 3 areas that parents value:
- Teaching staff
- Quality of education
- Personalised approach
Based on the feedback received, we have put together some action points moving forward:
- Continue to look into how to develop the schools facilities, this remains as a high priority for the school and Orbital, and the feedback from the survey is acknowledged. Further information will follow.
- Continue to look into reducing staff turnover. An action plan is already in place for this based on last year’s parent survey. The cycle will need to run in full to see whether it has been successful. Early indications are that several of the actions put in place are having an impact. The parent feedback on this is acknowledged and this also remains a priority from last year. An update will be provided in the first Meet SLT of 20-21.
- ECA’s and the communication around them is a focus for the school coming in to this second cycle. We acknowledge that the first cycle has had some flaws.
- The school would like to reestablish the PSA but needs support from parent volunteers to do so.
- The school would also like any willing parents to be part of one of the CIS Domain groups, more information about this will follow.
- The school will continue to work on methods to communicate the learning taking place daily to parents to ensure the high quality of education being given is fully emphasised.
As a community, we embrace continuous improvement and want the best possible learning environment in school for our students, staff and parents. In the last 12 months, we have already made some fantastic changes based on your suggestions, including:
- A psychologist is now available for Primary students and parents, as well as in Secondary.
- The website has been redeveloped and the Newsletter is now online.
- Changes to Late Pick-Up.
- The website includes a Parent Portal for parents.
- Secondary parents have their own access to Canvas.
- Many upgrades to facilities.
- Restructure of ECA’s.
- Sports teams.
- Strong recruitment.
There are a number of maintenance and refurbishment works planned for 2020, including:
- Lighting replacement
- Painting of rooms on a rolling basis
- Gym changing rooms and surrounding walls
- Restrooms on the secondary corridor/garden corridor plus either Music/Club areas
- Top and bottom yard upgrades
- Extension plans redesigned
We are proud of how far we have come already and with your continued support we look forward with positivity to continuing to enhance the learning experiences here at Britannica International School.