Coronavirus update | Following the announcement by the Hungarian Government that all schools will close from Monday, Britannica International School, Budapest has taken the decision to close the school premises from Monday 16th March 2020 and move to online learning. Our admissions team remains available to discuss enrolment so please don’t hesitate to get in touch: +36 30 342 4886, email@example.com
Located in the beautiful and prestigious green area of district XII in the Buda Hills, Britannica is truly a multicultural British style school offering education at the highest standard for both local and international students.
The foundation of our educational programme is the National Curriculum for England which is enhanced to reflect our truly international nature.
In our Secondary Department, we offer the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), Advanced Subsidiary Levels (AS) and Advanced Levels (A Levels), provide graduating students with gold standard diplomas for entry to leading universities around the world.
In recent years our public examination scores have been above the UK national average and our A level grades have allowed our students to enter many prestigious universities, both in Hungary and overseas. The school is a registered Cambridge International Examinations Centre, an accredited Pearson Edexcel International Exam Centre and a full member of the Council of International Schools. This has many benefits.
At Britannica, we challenge and nurture our students to become responsible, respectful and resolute global citizens. Within our caring and diverse international community, they evolve into independent and inquisitive lifelong learners, happily striving for excellence in everything they do.
Learning & teaching
Britannica International School is a community for effective teaching and learning. We seek to develop self-esteem and enjoyment in learning through a stimulating and supportive environment that provides everyone with opportunities to achieve their potential in the intellectual, physical, moral and social domains. Our curriculum is inclusive and differentiated. Planning is consistent and appropriate.
- Global citizens
- Life-long learners
"We have thoroughly enjoyed our two years at Britannica and have highly recommended the school to other Embassy families.
The location is great, the teachers are caring, energetic, responsive and well prepared. We have loved the activities and curriculum!
Year 2 Parent
Excellent facilities in an excellent location
Located in the beautiful residential area of the Buda Hills, District XII, The school is an ideal choice with stunning views over the city. Our facilities are on a par with the best that Budapest has to offer in education.
- A safe campus where all students are safe and well looked after.
- A purpose built building with bright classrooms equipped with either projectors or interactive whiteboards to assist student learning.
- Our specialist teaching rooms include an Art room and a Music room. Our Music room is always a hive of activity with students practising and playing together.
- Two well-equipped Science rooms.
- In our Library we have a range of fiction and non-fiction books in both English as well as in other foreign languages including German, French and Spanish as well as Hungarian.
- Our ICT suite provides high performance computers with touch screen monitors and PCs for students to fully develop their ICT skills.
- A 250 seat Theatre with lightning and sound equipment caters for our drama lessons for our primary school students as well as for the weekly assemblies and school performances.
- The school’s commitment to physical education is reflected in onsite sports facilities which include: a superb swimming pool, an all-weather outdoor sports hall, indoor gymnasium, two separate playgrounds for different age groups and a football pitch.
Located in the highly desirable and residential Buda hills area, district XII is considered to be as one of the most prestigious residential areas of Budapest. The school is close to the cultural amenities of the city, such as the Castle, Parliament and Gellért Baths.
The school is easily accessible from downtown Budapest whether by car or via the short bus routes to the school.